Recently diagnosed with a malignant insulinoma

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Good morning, I received the dreadful news on Tuesday that I had been diagnosed with a malignant insulinoma, which is a very rare cancer. It is hard to find any information and data on the cancer due to its scarcity and lack of research data. I'm waiting to hear back from consultant on next steps and what the treatment will be. The cancer has already spread from the pancreatic tumour to my liver and lymph nodes so I'm hoping I can start treatment asap. 

Is there anyone else on the forum with an insulinoma diagnosis? I would find it very useful to speak with you to understand what you are going through in terms of treatment and general health and wellbeing.

• Hi Graham65 welcome to the forum and I am sorry to hear about what is happening  for you. I think you said it yourself its a very rare type of Cancer and maybe thats why you have not had  a reply as yet. However, I wonder if you might like to give the Macmillan line a call and see if they can help in anyway with maybe information etc. There is not much they cant help with so worth asking. They will be open again tomorrow at 8am and are contactable on 08088080000.

Best wishes to you  for now.  

gail

Community Champion Badge