Hello Folks

• 8 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Just joined the forum and this group for Pancreatic Cancer as I was diagnosed on 12/1/22 with Pancreatic Cancer which has spread to  my Liver. They have told me it's too far advanced to operate and offered me several types of Chemo. The best possible results from chemo would only give me an extra 6 months to live and so I have declined the offer so that I can make the most of the time I have left. They estimate that I have between 4 and 5 months left; seems so strange sitting here typing this when I have felt much worse with a bad dose of flue; I realise that things could get worse quite rapidly and to be honest I'm dreading it, is there anyone here who has a similar experience who can tell me what to expect in the coming weeks.

• Hi Fliss, my husband was diagnosed with pc, which has spread, in December last year, he's just had his first chemo which was brutal. Now deliberating whether or not to continue as he was brought so low and lost even more weight. So yes, is it worth going through chemo if it only gives you a few months more? Difficult to answer and only something the patient can decide. Thinking of you x

• Hello Fliss, I am sorry to hear your news. Different people make different decisions but I support your decision  not to have chemo as it can be very debilitating. 

I have learned over a number of years that PC progresses in different ways with different people so my advice is to take each day as it comes and try to enjoy something each day.

Squeaky

• Hi Fliss.  My Husband was diagnosed last July and was told months without treatment ant up to a year with. He chose not to have any treatment. He has secondary in lungs, on the outside of stomach and possibly at the bottom of spine. We have done so much with family and friends since the prognosis. Holidays fifth family and friends, renewed our wedding vows a couple of week ago. Just tried to do as many things he can while well enough to do so. He’s been on codiene and paracetamol for a few months but just started oramoph in the last week or so, trying to pain manage as best as he can and stay capable of doing usual daily life. It’s a massive decision to choose not to have any treatment but brave beyond words. People that see my husband that know his diagnosis say he looks so well which is positive. But if he had have had treatment. Obviously that would have effected his appearance. Your one of the first people that I have found that has chosen the same path. Enjoy as much as possible. Make lots of memories with loved ones xx   

• Thank you for your reply, I was beginning to think I was the only one not undergoing treatment. Glad you are all making the most of your time left together, this is exactly what I want to do. God bless you xx

• Thanks for your input much appreciated 

• Thanks for taking the time to reply, saying a prayer for you  and your husband x

• Thanks Fliss. Praying for you too xx

• Lots of best wishes  Fliss. You will find days that are particularly hard but try to make more positive days as much as you can. Sending love xx