Husband diagnosed with pancreatic cancer

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all I'm new at posting but been on this journey for six while months. My husband 41 got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in may. It's spread to his liver and hip. He was supposed to be having s hip replacement in October but this was cancelled. Honestly I'm struggling with it all. I'm still working full-time and we've gone from sharing everything to me doing it all. He's gone from this amazing dad and husband to a former shell of himself. 

As hard as it is to come to terms we also have to think of our boys (15 & 17).

How have people coped as I'm struggling

• HI Dollface, I'm so sorry to hear this news. It is amazing how things change in an instant and it is very difficult to cope with all these life changes. My best advice is to try to take one day at a time and to take pleasure in small things. Hopefully, your boys can help you a bit in the home.

Squeaky

• Hi, tbh, I'm finding it tough too.

Dad has now been told he has a max of a couple of years, following PC recurrence. It doesn't seem real atm, as he's doing well. Here if you want a chat xx

• Hello, my husband is 43. We have 3 children under 15 years. I'm the only one working & basically doing everything. Washing, shopping etc. I have a fabulous network of friends and family. Always lean on everyone you can. Talk, talk to anyone that will listen. It helps me. I fall asleep at 7-8pm every day because I'm just so tired. But I'm making the most of life. It's basic, hospital appointments, district nurses, etc. It's weird as family/friends visits are limited due to chemo & covid. But we are seeing immediate family/friends because it helps. It probably helps them too. My kids don't really help with mundane tasks. My house isn't sparkly clean, but it's tidy enough. Just do what you need to get by. Also, time out is important. I exercise. It could be a 20mins DVD or 30min run. But even though I'm tired, I feel better about everything. My husband has drastically changed in the last 5 months. Life is hard, seeing him suffer is heart breaking. But talking & time out & calling upon friends/family has helped me. I hope I have helped you in some way. You are not alone x