Pancreatic cancer

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi

My brother died a few months ago from pancreatic cancer,  he went so quickly after diagnosis... he told us he had it and four weeks later he was gone. Also 2 weeks after him passing my mum died.. and last year my younger brother died from covid. 

I'm finding it so hard to come to terms with what has happened... but for some reason it's my brother who died from pancreatic cancer that I'm finding the most difficult to cope with. I can't cope with the fact I'll never see him or message with him again... because of the strain of it all I had a melt down and started punching a cupboard and broke my hand.. it actually took away the emotional pain for a while but not for long. Will I ever feel better or will this feeling be with me forever.. I hide it from my family but I'm dying inside. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm so sorry to read about the recent bereavements that you have experiences and I'd like to pass on my condolences.

As you know the online community is divided up into different support groups so I hope you don't mind me recommending that you also join and post in the bereaved family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place for anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'. 

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• HI Twee

I think Latchbrook's suggestion of joining the bereaved family and friends is a good one.

As to your question of whether you will ever feel better I think the answer is yes. You have had to deal with a lot over a short period of time. Like you I have lost a number of close relatives including my husband to pancreatic cancer. I think two things happen. Firstly, you get used to the 'new normal' and secondly the pain of bereavement recedes a bit. It takes time but if you try to live one day at a time it is a bit better.

Squeaky