Mary Joseph nodule

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Update 

an ultrasound scan revealed that I don’t have a DVT which is good news. The oedema has significantly reduced with elevating my legs and wearing flight socks. The district nurse is coming to measure me up for compression stockings this week 

I’m still wanting to connect with anyone who has a Sister Mary Joseph Nodule like me

im feeling quite low today because my lymphatic system isn’t working, probably due to my cancer and I’m frightened about how I will cope with my life ending. I feel that my wife and I have started grieving together

I’ve just booked two nights away for my wife and I which we’re both looking forward to. We’ve spent recent weeks doing ‘nice’ things and have a few more to look forward to. I don’t know how I would have faced living with terminal pancreatic Cancer without my lovely wife. She has been a tremendous support and is my rock. I’m worried about how she will face life without me. We are so happy together and our future has been wrenched away from us.I’d like to hear from anyone who feels the same as me. I know that we’re all different.

warmest regards 

Angela

I am 58 and a year ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer for which I’m having chemotherapy treatment for. I count myself lucky to be still alive as initially I was given a prognosis of 3 to 4 months 

Today I will be having an ultrasound scan to confirm a probable DVT which can be treated 

My question is regarding a Mary Joseph Nodule which I have in my belly button. Has anyone else had one of these and if so did you have any treatment for it? I’m guessing that it’s a sign that my cancer is advancing. I’m so  scared of dying when I have so much to live for 

Bye for now

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community. I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply to your question about a Mary Joseph Nodule. I'm sorry I can't provide an answer for you as I have a different type of cancer so it might be a good idea to contact your Consultant/Oncologist if this has recently appeared. You could also Ask a Nurse here on the forum, just click on the link I've provided.

Can I recommend you join our dedicated support group Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only group, this will be a good place to connect with others navigating the same type of cancer journey. You don’t mention if you have a partner and/or family and friends to support you during this time?

It’s always good to talk and the Macmillan Support Services provides lots of information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best.B x

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Thank you for your response, it’s much appreciated 

warm regards

Angela