Pancreatic cancer

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi

My husband ha been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. The surgeon thought he could remove it, but unfortunately when they opened him up, it was attached to the messenteric artery.

They now plan to give him chemo to try and shrink the tumour away from the artery. If this can be achieved, they will try surgery again

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that your husband has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and it must have been very disappointing for you to discover that surgery isn't possible at this time.

I had a different type of cancer so can't really help much but I'm sure the other members of the group will try to help if you wanted to ask any questions or ask them about their experience with chemotherapy before surgery.

It would be great if you could pop something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Lynny57

I am sorry to hear your news. Unfortunately, with pancreatic cancer it is often only when surgery is attempted that it is found that is attached to an artery. This is because it is often hidden by other organs in scans. Chemo can be successful in reducing the tumour so that surgery can be attempted again.