Stay positive

• 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

My 60 year old husband of 33 years became jaundiced in Jan 2021...an endoscopy showed a possible bile duct blockage so he had a stent fitted in February 2021...GI surgeon told him that his findings suggested a tumour in his pancreas. CT and PET scan showed a 3cm tumour in the head of the pancreas. He was scheduled for a Whipple procedure in May 2021....but...as so often happens that I've read the tumour was too close to major arteries and veins so the surgeon just completed some palliative symptom relieving bypass  surgery of his liver and bile duct....my dear husband has lost 3 Stone in weight has no appetite and no energy...he is due to start Folfirinox chemo on Monday....I prepare for the worst but hope for the best....life can change in the blink of an eye...how i wish I could turn the clock back and for my husband not to have to endure this bloody awful disease.....I would love to know how others have managed their chemo as want to help my husband as much as I can.

• Hi  I’d like to offer you a warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community. I’m so sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis but you’ve come to the right place to talk to other people who are in the same situation and help you both get through this.

My cancer is different, but a cancer diagnosis of any kind makes us ask lots of questions, causes confusion, stress and probably emotions we’ve never experienced before. I see you’ve joined our Pancreatic cancer group, this will be a good place to connect with others supporting family members making the same type of cancer journey so I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers can be found on our Online Information and Support Section

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett