New to Group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, my name  is Gill.  My husband has recently been diagnosed with advanced Pancreatic Cancer. 

It came as a bolt out of the blue.  He went into A&E with suspected gallbladder pain and after doing a ct scan was diagnosed. It has spread to the liver.

We are totally lost, terrified, devastated.

He will have a liver biopsy on Wednesday with the view he may be able to have some chemo.

Any support would be greatly appreciated. 

• Hi   Gill. Welcome to the Online Community. I'm so sorry to read of your husband's diagnosis. You've come to the right place to connect with others supporting their partners in what is a devastating time. Any cancer diagnosis, especially when it's a bolt out the blue, causes stress and worry.

I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply. By my answering I'll "bump" your post up to the top of the list so I hope someone will be along soon to answer. I myself have a different type of cancer so can't offer any advice to you I'm sorry to say.

I hope after the liver biopsy results come through some chemo can be successful.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your husband's journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. 

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett