Folfirinox advice

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello there, I'm new here but wondering if anyone could talk to me about their experiences with folfirinox.  I had my Whipple's surgery 17th may 2021, recovering well I think, I'm 54. The chemo is 12 cycles over 6 months starting early July. I'm frightened of the picc line going in and the after effects. Also blood clots, silly I know, but it worries me. 

• I have recently just started my chemo.  I am having 6 sessions . I have had a Hickman line Fitted . And now have a one coming out right hand breast. Like you I had many a sleepless night worry about this being fitted. The procedure to fit the line took about 45mims. A lot of pushing and pulling at your skin. But to be honest I felt very little. I have had two lots of my chemo through it. And 2 pump sessions at home. 

It has taken time to get use to. It's difficult to shower as you always need to keep the area dry. But overall no problems so far. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

i have a picc line fitted, it only hurt when they injected the arm to numb it, didnt feel anything else. i started on Folfirinox back in February, but had  a bad reaction to one of the drugs so now i am on Folfox. Currently on chemo no. 8 out of 12. 

i suffer from nausea, tiredness and a couple of days of the poops, by day 7 i found i felt normal, but now with the build up of chemo, its generally lasting  till my next chemo is due (every 2 weeks)

i have had a blood clot DVT and have been put on Inhixa injections, as long as you realise what is happening and inform the HEAT team, they will sort you out. i had what felt like a trapped nerve in my arm, then my arm swelled and turned grey/purple. 

ive just had a CT scan, so will find out if the tumour has responded well to the chemo...fingers crossed.

Dont worry too much, the Drs have been very caring and the Chemo team are brilliant. I hope it all goes well for you.

x