Scared and feeling alone

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi, 5 weeks ago I had major surgery (a form of whipple procedure) as I had a cancerous growth at the head of my pancreas. 

I have never been so scared or felt so alone. Now physically getting stronger I am slowly eating more but mentally I am struggling.

I have been told I will soon start 6 months of chemo but not the details of what this will consist of. I am so low and although family and friends try to be there for me they don't really understand what I am going through.

I miss my old life so much.

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you've not yet had a reply. I can truly empathise with your comments. I have a different cancer to you but when I was given my diagnosis I was in denial. No one in biological family had ever had cancer so it came as a bolt out of the blue. Family didn't know how to react and friends either smothered me or changed the subject. 

You’ve come to the right place to talk to other people who are in the same situation and help you get through this. I see you’ve joined our  Pancreatic cancer group, this will be a good place to connect with others making the same type of cancer journey. I'm sure someone will be along soon to reply and they will know what you're going through.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. 

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett