Hi, I’m recently diagnosed and have Crohn’s disease

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi, I’m 78 and I’ve had my first chemo.  It’s been 11 days and I’ve been  having a lot of bowel trouble in spite of Imodium. Imodium calms things, but stools are always loose the next time. Next chemo in two days and I’m worried. Does anybody else have Crohn’s? Any ideas?

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're struggling with bowel problems while having chemotherapy. 

I used the group search facility to see if anyone else here has mentioned also having Crohn's disease but drew a blank I'm afraid. Of course this doesn't mean that no one in the group has Crohn's but just that they haven't mentioned it in a post.

Have you spoken to your CNS about your bowel problems as they may be able to recommend something?

While you're waiting to see if you get any replies it would be great if you could pop something about your journey with cancer into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for replying.  Even if nobody else has Crohn's, I'm sure I'll have other questions and concerns as time goes on.  Good to know you're there, and I'll add to my profile.