Chemotherapy and Hair loss

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hello Everyone. My sister has just been diagnosed with PC. I ve had breast cancer and chemo so am a step ahead of her at the moment. I know that with breast cancer chemo we lose all of our hair and i was wondering if it is the same for Pancreatic treatment.? If so i would like her to have her eye brows tattooed before treatment. Can any one tell me the hair loss situation please? 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your sister has just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Although I didn't have this type of cancer I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

I've found this information from Macmillan for you on chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer which you could have a look through. From having a quick glance at it myself it appears that the side effects your sister might experience will depend upon the type of chemotherapy she will be receiving.

Her best bet would be to speak to her CNS about the likely chance of losing her hair and also whether having her eyebrows tattooed is okay to do before chemotherapy.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"