FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I was diagnosed 2 and a half years ago with pancreatic cancer it quickly went to my liver and also tumours in the lung I have been on chemo since then this changed this year to as it was put to me the big guns all my care is now palliative the big guns are keeping it spreading and 2 tumours in lung have got smaller however the side effects if this new chemo is horrendous 2nd week I am unable to get upstairs eat drink enough 

I need to make a decision to either stop chemo or see if I feel better with reduced chemo I have wonderful people helping me emma from McMillan and my oncologist both are coming from different sides both have my best interest I need quality if life to continue but like everyone I do not want to die not ready (will never be) I am tired my body is even saying enough I look at my children and 2 wonderful grand children and I feel selfish if I give up I know people can not and will not make my decision as I have capacity but it is just so hard

• Hi  Can I offer you a warm welcome to the Macmillan Online Community. I’m sorry to read about your diagnosis of Pancreatic cancer which has spread to your liver and lung.

I just dropped in and noticed you've not received a reply as yet. My cancer is different and I haven't had chemotherapy I'm not going to be an awful lot of help.

You’ve joined our Pancreatic cancer group, I would suggest you also join a few other groups, these should be a good place to meet up with others making the same type of cancer journey and you could gain information that may help you make a decision.

They are:

Liver Cancer

Lung cancer

Chemotherapy

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. You can amend or update it at any time. 

The Macmillan Support Services also provide lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen.

Most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00 have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Sam113, I am from the lung group which MrsBJH has mentioned, so I thought I would come and say hello. I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time on the chemo. It is a very difficult decision you are facing. It does sound like you could reduce the chemo dose first to see if you feel better, before making a decision to stop it completely. I have not had chemo, but my mum and sister both did, and I know how rough this can be on your body. My mum reduced her chemo dose, because she felt like she wasn't having any quality of life at the time. Reducing the dose could make a difference to how you are coping with the side effects, but I guess there is a chance that you may feel the same. 

My lung cancer is incurable, so I am also a member of the  

living-with-incurable-cancer-forum

There are a few members there who are having palliative chemo, and have had to make a similar decision that you are facing now. You could join the group and ask if anyone has made this choice themselves. They are a very supportive group, and everyone there knows exactly what you are going through. 

If you do decide to head over to the incurables, I will be sure to welcome you there, so you wont be alone. 

Take care x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge