Pancreatic cancer treatments

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi,

my husband who has been poorly since Christmas had an MRI scan yesturday which showed cancer of the head of the pancreas. They say he will be referred to manchester to have a camera down to better visualise the pancreas and take biopsies and then decide on if an operation can be done and if chemo is needed. Has anyone any experience of this ? Thankyou

• Hi and a warm welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to read that after your husband had been very poorly he's recently been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Although I did not have the same type of cancer as your husband I completely understand what a worrying time this will be for you both.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post yet so I've found this Macmillan information on tests for you and also this on having a biopsy.

Do come back and let us know how your husband gets on

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello - my husband got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last summer, he cannot have an operation, but has had (And continued to have) chemo.  His had already spread.  It is a roller coaster.  I hope your husband's results are favourable.  Best wishes to you both.