Pancreatic cancer symptoms

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

hi there...just wondering if anyone can describe their upper abdomen discomfort from pancreatic cancer please. Am trying to distinguish it from IBS or the like. I am just trying to work out with my consultant to see what’s actually going on. I have a CT scan next week and feel anxious (understatement).

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you're worried you may have pancreatic cancer. Hopefully the CT scan you're having next week will provide you with a non-cancerous diagnosis.

I know that you're looking for people to share their symptoms with you and I noticed that no one had stepped forward yet. While you're waiting for responses, if you type 'symptoms' into the search bar in this group you should find plenty of previous posts mentioning this that you could have a read through.

Feeling anxious about your upcoming scan and subsequent results is perfectly normal. I'd normally recommend that people spend time with friends or indulge in a hobby but realise that, in these times of social distancing, that isn't possible. You might instead like to have a look at this from the NHS about mental health apps as lots of people find mindfulness helps them cope. Some of the apps are free to download.

You could also take a look through this information on how to ease worry when waiting for medical test results as there's lots of useful information.

Do come back and let us all know how you get on.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi BenKen,  Personally I hadn't noticed any symptoms until I woke one morning with a nauseating stomach pain that got worse has the day progressed after ringing for a doctors visit I was rushed to hospital with pancreatitus, they thought it was gaulstones blocking the pipe but it turned out to be cancer.  Has it turned out I was in early stages so I was able to have an op which so far has been successful. I do hope that your scan goes well for you and try not to worry until you have the results, take care and good luck.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to morningsun

Thank you and glad all has been successful so far. I have a second scan later this week. Can you please tell me how long it was between your initial hospital trip and diagnosis? I seem to just get a daily bought of intense pain Right in my upper central abdomen radiating through to my back right. Can you kindly describe your pain?

many thanks 

• Because I was in hospital they were going to remove what they thought was gallstones a biopsy was taken at that time so it was only a matter of days that the diagnosis was given.  Has for the pain it was in my left side radiating out all round.  I do hope your scan goes well and it would be nice if you would keep us informed to the outcome.  good luck.