Suspected paraceliac tumor infiltration

• 7 replies
  • 26 subscribers

My husband has been in remission for 18 months after having immunotherapy  for bowel cancer which then had to be stopped due to causing ulcerative colitis. Today we have received the report from his CT scan and the conclusion was Suspected paraceliac tumour infiltration so the oncologist has ordered an MRI scan just wondering if anyone has had this come up on any of their scans

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you I appreciate that x

• I understand how confused and scared you must feel. Its just one step towards a diagnosis, but its the unknown that is the hardest to bear. Im sure you will be offered further tests along the way to either prove or disprove the diagnosis. This is the hardest part,  the waiting for a comfirmed diagnosis. Ive been there and I know how horrendously hard the wait is,but believe me you are never alone. 

• Hi. So we had an appointment with the oncologist who told us that my husband's cancer was back and was incurable and then sent him for a pet scan which then revealed that he doesn't have cancer just inflammation in the areas mentioned, they have given him an MRI of his pancreas to rule out cancer so we are waiting on the results of this but how can they tell us that it's cancer and tell us he is incurable to then say it's inflammation! We have had 2 weeks of hell and upset and confusion how on earth can they get it so mixed up. Xxx

• Oh my goodness how awful for you both. It must feel like you are on a rollercoaster and I am so sorry because it must be so stressful for you. Im praying that the results will be positive for you and your husband.

• Im  just going to reply again because I cant believe what you have been through. When my husband was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer I really thought maybe it had been mistaken for pancreatitis, because unfortunatley that was his first presenting symptom. He had CT scans PETscans and biopsies but they all  showed Pancreatic cancer. Unfortunatley despite chemotherapy things are not going well and now because of blood results we need to stop that for a while. I feel stress in every part of my body and Im acutley aware of that emotion so trust me I empathise with the terrible stress you have been under. Just believe you are not alone

• I really appreciate your reply it's such a hard time and speaking to people that understand really helps. I'm sorry your husband isn't doing too well right now I really hope he feels better soon xxx