Sister tired and sleeping all the time, time is just passing her by

• 6 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, I haven’t posted for a while but just need to vent on here I suppose…my sister who is 48 has stage 4 pc spread to lymph nodes, blood vessels and liver, she had her first chemo around 6 weeks ago but had a bad reaction so couldn’t finish the course, since then she has had sepsis, 2 vomiting bugs and is still recovering from this, she’s trying so hard to get her strength up for more chemo but something always knocked her back down at every turn, I really don’t know how she finds the strength to keep going, she’s gone through so much since her diagnosis 4 months ago. At the moment she spends her days in the hospice mainly sleeping due to the meds making her tired all the time, it’s like time is just passing her by and I know she’s really fed up with it all, she just wants to be able to go outside maybe and stay awake long enough to talk to someone or even watch telly but it isn’t happening. I’m heartbroken seeing the effects of this cruel disease on my beautiful sister, I just wish I could take it all away for her 

• So sad to hear this.Sending you a lot of strength x

• I absolutley understand how truly hard this must be for you .Its your beautiful sister and seeing the impact the cancer is having on her must be heartbreaking. I really understand because my husband has pancreatic cancer too and I see the toll it is taking on him mentally and physically. Having a loving supportive sister by your side is amazing, just being there  through really difficult times speaks of the love you share, hold on to that its priceless. 

• Thankyou for your reply, and I’m sorry to hear you’re going through all this aswell with your husband, it really is heartbreaking and the feeling of helplessness is overwhelming at times as all we cCry do is sit and just be there, she’s so strong and has taken everything head on, done everything the doctors have asked but still seems to have got nowhere, I just pray this next chemo will help contCryl the tumour, but at the same time I’m dreading it for her. She is now seeing black shapes/blobs in her vision and is sometimes confused and has slight twitches throughout the day, it’s all so sad, Cryis cruel disease has literally ripped her life as she knew it away Cry

• god will give you both the strength to survive 

• Tell her you love her her every day. It's a horrific path she is walking. 

I am sorry. Ask the important questions.   

My wife walked this path, she planned everything for her own funeral, music, poetry, coffin and who to invite. i wouldn't have had a clue.

I am so profoundly sad for what she went through and i have the utmost sympathy and empathy for your sister, and for you.

• Its so unimaginably hard and I really understand how you must be feeling. I like you pray for positivity but then am brought back to reality its an emotional rollercoaster. I admire your sister she has tried to be so strong in the midst of this horrible cancer, What a bond you have and what amazing strength you are showing by standing by your sister through the hardest times.I wish I could find the right words to ease the pain you must be feeling, but instead ill send you a vitual hug and let you know you are not alone in this awful struggle.