Loss of wife

• 2 replies
  • 24 subscribers

Lost my beloved wife to pancreatic cancer a month ago.  Just 58 years.  I thought I was strong but this is has broken me   I am functioning but without notice I have intense moments of sadness.

My wife was my lover and best friend.  I have few friends but was fine with that while I had my wife!  Left now with our dog and cat.

There must be others out there with a similar story?

My wife was strong throughout her illness.  At least she is at peace now.

• Hi Kev, you’ve made the first really brave step of posting here. While I’m not in the same position, I’m here because my dad is battling PC. I’m so sorry to hear about your wife. I’m sure you can’t imagine what the rest of your life is going to look like now. My advice would be to rely on the friends you have, as few as they may be. A local grief counselling group may be available as well. Dogs and cats are as much a part of the family as anyone else! You have to go on living for them and for yourself. If you’re feeling lonely, I believe MacMillan have a helpline as well which might be useful just for some chat and company. Once again I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through and I hope you’re able to find comfort in some way. 

• Kev, so sorry to read your post. You must be truly devastated and it must be very raw for you, as LesAli says do reach out to any friends and family you have when you’re ready. There is a bereaved friends and family group on here as well as bereaved spouses group, it might help to read or post there too. Sending strength