Two endoscopes

• 4 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I have today had to have  a 2nd endoscopy on my pancreas for biopsy within weeks, I was told not enough was taken so results are undetermined. 

I was asked did I know why I was there , yes because not enough was taken..to then be told enough was taken but some of the samples were  "dead " . I'm also having a scan to determine if things have changed....this is so confusing and worrying 

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that you've had to have two biopsies on your pancreas and I hope the hospital team were able to answer your questions about why this was needed.

Having looked at your previous activity before replying to you, I can see that you were diagnosed with and operated on for lung cancer only a few months ago. How is the recovery from that going and did you decide to proceed with the  second surgery they wanted to perform?

How is your brother, as I see you posted that he was on end of life care for a brain tumour, and also that your husband has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and your brother-in-law with leukaemia. It sounds like you have an awful lot to deal with.

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnoses and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you , I have updated it hopefully 

• I've just read your profile and I'm so sorry to read that you've lost your brother to cancer recently.

Sending virtual (((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you ..and on Tuesday I'm at a celebration of life for a friend who sadly lost her battle with the same condition as my brother..she was just 60 ..and fought it for 3 years