Why

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

My amazing mom, who has always been so fit and healthy became suddenly unwell over the last 4 weeks.  On Saturday she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which has spread to the liver. They say its inoperable  

I'm so angry and scared. Today is the anniversary of my dad's death from liver cancer and now this evil disease is taking my mom too. 

Last night I was at the hospital until 4am with her. She was in severe pain, vomiting and had a high fever. She kept saying she was ready to go. If she's going to be this bad all the time I just wish she'd go quick  this is no life  

People keep telling me I have to look after myself bur I don't know how..mom is my best friend and we spend so much time together. Its just not fair

• Hello Crazy Plant lady

Welcome to the online community. I hope that you will find it as informative and supportive as I have found it.

I am so sorry to read about your Mum's diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and understand how hard it must be to see her so unwell. It is hard also with the anniversary of your Dad's passing. All the emotions you are feeling are perfectly normal at this time. There is no right or wrong way to feel and my advice is to go with the flow and to reach out for support when you need it. 

You have joined the Pancreatic cancer forum which is a good place to find people who are sharing your Mum's experiences.

May I suggest also that you consider joining the Carer's only forum. This one is a good place to find support when you have a loved one going through cancer and it is also a good place to share worries and find support from others in the same position as you. You say that people are telling you to look after yourself but you don't know where to start. The people on the Carer's forum will understand this. I will pop a link below in case this interests you.

Carers only forum - Macmillan Online Community

If at anytime you feel it would be helpful to talk to someone, the support line number is at the bottom of this. They are lovely on there and can either just listen or sign post you to what you need.

I hope this helps a little, but please do let us know if there is anything else that you need. 

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm