Pancreatic cancer

• 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone, wishing you all well. I am a carer for my sister who has pancreatic cancer and has just gone through 6 chemo treatment. But she has refused to join any support group so I have instead in order to help her. Please do anyone know what to for having continuous stomach cramps and back pains. Despite using pain killers

• I’m sorry to hear about your sister. The palliative nurse said my stomach cramps might be the nerves and she prescribed two tablets a day for me. It has helped. I did wake last night with pain in my back and side and I took some oxycodone which I only take if I feel the pain too much. I am also on morphine patches.

Good luck

• Hello Mags 123, thanks so much for your response. How are you feeling? Are you still on chemo? I wish you really  well. I will be telling my sisters doctor about this pain and options based on what you said. I really appreciate this. Do you have any advise on sore mouth and not being able to eat? Please look after yourself. Will be thinking of you. 

• Thank you for your kind wishes Ablawaosi.

I can’t recommend anything for sores in mouth but if you use search you might find something. I’m struggling to eat. I seem ok with cheese and biscuits. I need strong tasted food. Yes, I have started the chemo. 

Best wishes to you and your sister. Take care.