Just stuggling about what’s coming

• 1 reply
  • 23 subscribers

Hi All, 

me again…

so just a little backgrounds Gordon was diagnosed in September 2022. Found a 3mm lesion by accident after a groin scan.

Had 10 rounds of chemo which was horrendous with lots of side effects, ended up taking away the Oxyplaitin. Had a scan in Feb and found that the chemo just stabilised the tumour. No shrinking but did not spread or get any larger. 
He was taken into hospital for a week with a clot in the SMA which the cancer is wrapped around with delayed radiotherapy by a week.
Did15 rounds of Radio and chemo. .

Now we have there months without any medication and this just feels alien. I’m scared it going to spread in this time.  We are having a scan at 6 weeks then at 12 weeks. 

we had the 6 week scan last Friday and now have to wait until the 9Th May for results. 

i suppose I just needed to share that I am super scared and feel that I cannot vent this to everyone because they are all so hopeful. 

Me… I just want to hear the results and get it out of the way so we know what we are dealing with… the wait is filling me with dread and all I can think about is the worse things possible. 

9 days is going to feel like a lifetime….

thanks for reading of you got to the end

Chrissie

•   

Hi Chrissie

I'm not a member of this group, and I was the one with cancer, but I do understand how difficult the waiting to find out what's happening can be. I think that sometimes it can be harder for the partner than for the patient.

I can see that you've also joined the carers only group and you're welcome to post there as well. You'll find lots of people in that group who are in the same, or similar, position to you but they won't expect you to be positive all the time.

It's very tiring putting on a brave face for other people all the time so it's great that you feel you can come here to express how you really feel.

(((hugs)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"