PC

• 8 replies
  • 32 subscribers

My sister has just been diagnosed with PC, liver secondaries and yesterday they told us it has gone to her lungs. I feel broken. What do I say to her when I go see her? How can I comfort her. 

• Just be there for her and strong for her

• Thank you, its so hard to know what to say to someone who has been given a life sentence. It's the one time I can't say you will feel better soon xx 

• Ive just been given the exact same news about my husband  he has decided against treatment and i dont know how to deal with it either sending hugs x

• Hello Villavixen and nessienoggins

In my experience the best thing is just to be there for your relative. Be guided by how they behave. If they want to talk about their illness, that's fine. But if they don't that's fine too.

Try to take one day at a time. Believe it or not there will be some good days and some less good.

Squeaky

• I’m in the same position as you. My sister came to live with me when she found out and it’s a tough situation to be in. I still wonder what to say to her. If I’m really honest, I feel guilty that she’s dying and I’m not, she’s in her 40’s. I try to help her stay in control of this as much as she can with what happens next and I talk to her about all of the things that she wants to do while she is well enough. 

I'm sorry for us all that we are in this situation. Sending hugs x

• Hi Nessienoggins, my husband has just turned down any further treatment, he had one cycle of Folfirinox and reacted badly to it and lost a lot of weight. Sending love to you x

• It is so hard all I can say is take each day as the last day and try to make memories with your husband as you will need these in the future.

It’s not easy but you have to respect his wishes even though you may not agree.

Its not going to be easy for either of you and as Squeaky says be guided by your husband and whether he wants to talk about it or not.

Sending you all virtual hugs, PC is such an awful cancer to have.

• My husband was also just diagnosed and has had one chemo treatment.  I don't know if I should act normal or what??? He is very quiet with family and when he goes to the dr or friends are around he puts on a show.  I just don't say a word about that.  I don't want to be a crying mess if he isn't.  Also they tell him if chemo shrinks the tumor he may be approved for surgery.  Prayers for you both!