Symptoms

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 10 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hello everyone. I posted before but got no response. I am 39 yrs old and had bloodwork done and went in for completely different symptoms than the problem shown in bloodwork. It showed high ALT 84 and bilirubin 2.2. Was not expecting that at all. Very slight yellowing in eyes started. I had a CT scan a few days ago and am waiting for results. I’m just wondering what all your symptoms were and how were you diagnosed? I am unsure if the problem started with my pancreas (I’m hoping not) or if it’s solely liver disease. I don’t have any other symptoms. 

• Hi Cserrano

I am sorry that you got no response to your earlier post. This forum is quite quiet just now. I don't have any medical background and it was my husband who had pancreatic cancer. His symptoms were pains in the abdomen and then he became jaundiced. However, from being around here for a while it seems that different people have different symptoms. Are you having tests? My husband had an ulrasound scan which did not really show anything and then he had a PET scan which showed a tumour. 

Squeaky

• Hi there

my symptoms originally were a feeling of indigestion down my middle and although I was losing weight I did not associate the 2 things. having said that I wasn't experiencing any pain rather a discomfort. After 2 endoscopies , a chest x ray and 3 scans the diagnosis was pancreatic cancer and my whipples was just over a year ago. In addition I turned jaundiced but the surgeons dealt with that at the same time and I felt a lot better 

It is 6 months now since my chemo finished and I am pleased to say I am feeling very well.

Let us know how things progress

Best wishes

Kevin

• Hi there. 

My partners first symptom was jaundice, however a year prior  to that his blood sugars became high. The Gp told him at those levels he was pre diabetic and to cut down, which he did, but his glucose remained elevated. I often wonder if that was connected. He was diagnosed with a scan after the jaundice quickly increased.. Sorry this may not be particularly helpful and I wish you well. 

Love is eternal
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to kevatvinegarhill

Was the indigestion feeling on and off or constant? Like a stomach ache or acid reflux feeling?

• FormerMember

Oh and Kevin my last question was for you. Sorry forgot to put your name. 

• That's O K I assumed it was for me

The 'indigestion' feeling was always about 2 hours after a hot meal and although I wouldn't say it was painful it was generally difficult to get comfortable e g sitting down. As an aside its interesting that because of covid the number of people presenting themselves for treatment because of the symptoms of cancer has decreased. Looking back I had no idea what the symptoms of cancer were and certainly how I felt did not lead me to think I had cancer. I think the penny dropped as the weight tumbled away and I realised it was something more serious than indigestion

Kevin

• FormerMember

Did your cancer show on CT scan? 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Needing friends

Did his cancer show on CT? 

• Hi Cserrano

I had 3 scans in total. an mri followed by a ct and then a pet scan. I am not an expert on what the various scans do but I understood from the surgeons that the pet was the one that was the decider that I needed surgery. if I recall I was told that scans are not wholly conclusive but in my case ,and many others I suspect, an operation was really the only course of action although of course the decision was ultimately mine

I have mentioned in previous posts that whilst the internet may be useful in explaining all sorts of things the details on pancreatic cancer are depressing so I put myself totally in the hands of the experts at the hospital thus ignoring the internet. I am glad I did 

Please get back to me with anything else and I shall do my best to answer your questions based on my experiences

Good to hear from you again

Kevin

• FormerMember

Kevin,

I had my CT scan results. It says unremarkable examination. only thing was LIVER right hepatic lobe hypodensity too small to characterize, but statistically likely a cyst. GI Dr does not seem concerned at all about it. I feel because of my age as well Dr’s don’t seem too concerned with things. Odd. So I’m hoping pancreatic cancer can be crossed off the list? I’m sure your Dr’s took a few scans to see if you were a candidate for surgery but what was the initial test that assumed pancreatic cancer? If you remember.