One year.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 23 subscribers

Hi all. Yesterday marked just over a year since my mums Whipple. She had her her second mri scan after her Tumor marker raised ever so slightly, the results come back clear! And she’s now looking forward to going back to work! It’s just a message really for everyone to keep pushing, keep going, and it’s not always bad news. Everyone’s different in the world and we all handle treatment and respond differently.. so anyone who’s reading and just wanted to here a positive story here’s ours. Just over one year after her whipples and 6 months chemo. As always like a few others on here. I’m always here to lend my experience and advice, over the past year I have Seemed to of picked up quite a bit of knowledge on PC. We’re all in the same boat and a problem halved is one shared. And it really is as cheesy as that sometimes because it can make the world of difference hearing from Someone else, cheers! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi jackfrost

My Pancreatic Cancer is becoming more advanced and I have been sorting stuff out and putting things in place so that my son, David, won’t have to worry about that. I am a very practical and proactive person and have no intention of giving up the fight. Really good news re: your Mum. I hope she stays well.  My cancer has spread to my bones but am still not going to give up the fight. I haven’t been to bed for three nights as I fall asleep on my Cuddler sofa. I am trying to live every second of my life and having had my cancer diagnosis, I don’t worry about silly things anymore. It certainly puts things into perspective. I would love to hear from you and I will reply when I can. I do have bad days but still keep trying. XX

• Hi Jack

An excellent post. its almost a year since my whipples and my 6 months chemo finished in November. I have a follow up scan this afternoon

I am feeling pretty good and one by one I am ticking off things I was looking forward to, a holiday in the Algarve in 4 weeks is the next on the list

we all need to remember we are not alone and certainly this forum was of great encouragement when their were darker moments

best wishes to you and your mum

Kevin

• Hi Ellie

I know exactly what you mean about putting life in perspective and I wish you well in your fight to lead as normal a life as possible. Regardless of what the future holds I will never forget the simple acts of kindness and compassion shown by my doctors and nurses. not forgetting the wise words of encouragement from contributors to this forum

Keep your chin up

Kevin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Ellie nice to hear from you, did you have an operation and chemo? Good for you! Keep fighting and keep strong. If your sons Anything like me he’ll be so proud of you. It’s made me and my mum some how even closer because you’re both on this journey together... The amount of respect I have for her now is incredible. Not just her but anyone who’s going through it/been through it. Until you experience it and go through the journey with that person it’ a difficult thing to explain. But good on you my thoughts are with you and keep going and going. Enjoy yourself laugh and love. That’s all you need to keep pushing on. You’re bound to have bad days good days. Mum still has them now too. But it’s expected. I’ve seemed to learn never assume anything with cancer now. Because I’ve assumed and been wrong every time. I often stayed away at night thinking what if or what’s next. And I do still get nights or day’s But the true answer is to just live for now. My thoughts and prayers will be with you keep doing you and keep having a laugh.. you won’t go wrong! Look forward to hearing from you xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to kevatvinegarhill

So please for you mate and fingers crossed for the scan. I’ve no doubt it’ll be good news. And good for you! It’s a long process and you know yourself what it’s like having chemo it’s sh** and draining. But you do get there and you do start seeing the difference all be it slow and lengthy. A year  ago I was holding my mum up trying to get her to walk five meters in Southampton hospital, fast forward to now  we walk 5/6 miles on a Sunday with my German Shepard! He drags her through floods.. fields.. mud And even know her legs get jelly at the end she loves it. And funnily enough walks a lot further than jo average. good to hear from you! And good luck 

• hello again Jack

what a small world as I am from Southampton originally although I now live in oxon. I shall be in soton this weekend for a small school reunion plus watching saints play Newcastle. dogs are great therapy as my Labrador keeps telling me

speak to you soon

kevin

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to kevatvinegarhill

Very small world. I’m from Salisbury, my Brother will be at the saints game tomorrow he’s a season ticket holder. I play football so don’t get the opportunity. Very small world. Enjoy your day out!!! Fingers crossed for a Newcastle win ;)