Feeling dizzy

• 5 replies
  • 25 subscribers

I think on Monday if I can get through to surgery and get a call back I should ask if blood tests could be brought forward. Surely it can't be right  feeling so weak and cold with dizzy spells. Shake for breakfast, 2 small mouthfuls of meat and a yogurt, that's it. Scan is clear so what's going on? 

• Hi Needing friends

I can’t remember. Is your partner diabetic? This might account for the dizzy spells. I agree. Ask for the blood tests to be brought forward.

Squeaky

• Hi Squeaky, not diabetic as far as we know, but good thinking,, that could be a reason. You have been more helpful than the doctors, lol, how brilliant is this forum x

Love is eternal
  • Hi Needing friends

Well, of course I have no medical background. However, I understand that a lot of people who have had the Whipple become diabetic. My husband became type 2 diabetic before PC was diagnosed but that seemed to go after the Whipple. However, in due course some time after the Whipple the diabetes returned and he became insulin dependant. I'd speak to the GP urgently tomorrow because the dizziness may well be due to high sugar levels.

Squeaky

• Hi Needing Friends

You've been given some excellent thoughts from others which seems  to have lightend  you a little. May I ask a question?  Is he going to pee a LOT MORE  - specially at night. This can sometimes be a sign of oncoming Diabetes. Only a thought

Geoff.

At the end of all our journeying will be to find ourselves back where we started knowing the place for the first time. TS ELIOT.

• Thanks everyone, we will look into this diabetic malarky. Wouldn't say he is peeing a lot in the night, but as he 8s restless and wakes 9ften he does make the odd trip. If he was eating a lot of sweet stuff or even a normal diet I won't be at all surprised, but he eats so little, we shall see and I will let you know, all our heads together are so mu H better than one  x

Love is eternal