Pancreatic cancer vomiting black or brown.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi, my mom just died of pancreatic cancer. During her last week she had a bit of diarrhea that was black. Also, on her last day she vomited black or dark chocolate and vomited again the same thing just right before she passed. Did someone experience the same thing? Can someone please tell me why it was black? I was giving her enzymes and a green diet that included green smoothies, green tea and organic things that help fight the cancer, but I don't think that the black vomit was because of that.

• I am really sorry to hear this dear.

My grandmother, my best friend died because of pancreatic cancer...the night before she passed she vommitted dark brown liquid, we thought it might be the medicine and then the other day early morning right in front of my eyes she vommitted the same again and then passed away. 

It was mainly due to the gastrointestinal bleeding because the cancer was spread to the stomach and tract as well, it was the last (4) stage of cancer. she always complaint of her constipation and stomach pain as well.

• My beloved husband died yesterday. He too vomited a dark brown liquid just before he passed. He died only 6 weeks after diagnosis. 

• Holly I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking. If only there was some test other than a CT that could detect pancreatic cancer sooner. Or if only doctors would listen! My Mum had symptoms for years and was fobbed off time after time telling her it was heartburn or indigestion. She was only with us 5 weeks after finally being diagnosed, by then it was stage 4. The hospital had found cancer in her liver 2 months before and not told us. We only found out after going through her records. So many changes need to be made! 
    sending lots of love to you xx