Stable tumour

• 3 replies
  • 19 subscribers

My mum was diagnosed with stage 2 pc in June 23. She had 2 rounds of gem/abax but had awful side effects and ended up in hospital with sepsis. In Jan 24 her scan showed the tumour was stable so she has had  no treatment since then. She had her next scan last week And feedback next week.  Has anyone been in this position where the tumour stays stable? Thanks

• I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Pancreatic Cancer in October 2022.  I had Gem/abrax for 11 months before I had to stop. I also had Radiotherapy.  My tumour has been stable for some time and is still stable.  i have another Scan next week. I am feeling really well so hoping for a good review

• Thanks for your reply and that's positive news re your tumour.  There doesn't appear to be many people whose tumour stays stable and from all my googling it doesn't make sense! The scan anxiety is just awful for my mum and family especially when she interprets every pain and ache to it spreading Disappointed Fingers crossed for your results  

• I fully understand your Mum's anxiety. I'm not good around Scan time either it is terrifying. But with your mum and me it would appear the tumour hasn't spread. I know that so far my is confined to the Pancreas so maybe that will buy us some time. In a lot of the stories the cancer has already spread. Unfortunately outcomes for this type of cancer are not good, but there are success stories and I'm hoping I might be one of them and hopefully yout mum too.