Pancreatic Cysts

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 22 subscribers

Hi, I thought this would be a good place to air my worries and get it off my chest without worrying people close to me too much.

I’ve had bowel changes and stomach pain for over a year and finally resisted a visit to the GP last October. I was initially put down for suspected Crohns and am on the waiting list for an endoscopy and colonoscopy but I was also referred for an ultrasound in the meantime. 
I had the ultrasound in March where they found cysts on my pancreas and so I was referred for an urgent MRI. I’ve today received the news that they aren’t able to say from the MRI that the cysts aren’t cancerous and so it needs referring to a group of consultants and I need a follow up appointment ASAP.

I’m now really anxious and at only 27 quite worried of the possibility of the cysts being cancerous and what might lie ahead.

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

Thank you! 

• Hi  and a second welcome to the online community

It's natural to be anxious that the cysts are cancerous but try to remember that they might not be as well.

I don't have the experience you're looking for but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post yet. Replying to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussions list where hopefully someone who's had pancreatic cysts will see it and respond.

Waiting for the results of tests can be a very stressful time. From my own personal experience I found that spending time doing things I enjoyed helped take my mind off the 'what ifs' that kept popping into my mind.

Lots of people find mindfulness really helpful and if this is something that interests you clicking here will take you to the NHS Mental Health Apps page with links to apps, some of which are free.

You might also find it helpful to read this article on how to ease worry when waiting for results of medical tests.

While you're waiting for replies if you type 'cysts' into the group's search bar you could have a read through some of the previous posts which mention this and respond to any of the more recent posters if you think they might be able to help you further.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"