Don't know how to feel

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi, My pa had whipple surgery but it hasn't got rid of all the cancer in pancreas. His chemo which hadn't really got underway has been cancelled due to covid and I just don't know how to feel right now. I can't see my family face to face as I'm a key worker so too risky. I just want to know how serious this is...what will happen.. But I know no one can really give me the answers to this. Any advice or experience would help though. I'm so lost right now! 

• Hello Mallory1

I had whipples beginning of April2019. On the 26th April 2019 the surgery team told me exactly the same as your dad that some cancer was still there. Chemo started in May 2019 and finished in November 2019. A follow up scan about 6 weeks ago revealed all the cancer had gone 

I appreciate the problems/delays covid has caused and while there is no guarantee that everyone will have the same outcome there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Hard as though it is your dad and family should try to remain positive

Best Wishes

Kevin

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to kevatvinegarhill

Hi Kevin

Firstly I am so pleased for you being cancer free. 

Thank you for sharing part of your journey with me.. It has really helped knowing things can be successful. Hopefully we can get back to treatment soon and in the meantime take it a day at a time. 

Thank you again 

Mallory