Waiting - Ovarian

• 2 replies
  • 56 subscribers

Like many others, I feel bad for posting before I know if there is even an issue.

After many years of suffering with endometriosis, I am now four years from my offset of menopause. I thought things were well and good, and I had eventually got some respite from Endo. Things took a slight turn when, out of the blue, I had the most horrific bleed, prompting a call to the doctors. They referred me to gynecology under the 2WW. Initially, I was pretty blase about this, and it was only on my appointment day when they did CA125 blood and a biopsy that I started to worry. 

I rang my doctors today (four days post tests ) to check if the bloods are back (which they aren't) and then put a call to the consultant's secretary and was advised that it will likely be 2/3 weeks before both results are back. I am trying to remain logical and not worry about things that haven't happened but my word this waiting game makes it very difficult.

Thanks 

SQR

• I understand this waiting challenge, I was in exactly the same place with my head going to the worst scenarios. The only help I can offer is rather than trying to stay strong, speak to a trusted person (friend or relative) about your worst fears and what ifs. Saying them out loud helps to dump them and also (hopefully) set aside the small risk fears (death) and help you to focus on what you can control, which is being as healthy (diet and fitness) as you can be before possible surgery and / or cancer treatment and doing as much as possible of the things that give you joy. Your life may be about to change or it may not, but either way it is more pleasurable to focus on what gives us joy than what causes us fear. I recognise that this is easier said than done but other people can help carry us through. I wish you well. 

• Thanks, Jackie.