Kruckenberg tumour

• 6 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi I haven't posted for a while.Am trying to find anyone else who has has a Krukenburg tumour on their ovaries and had an op to remove them. I know it's a rare tumour only 1 maybe 2% but I would love to hear from someone.I am 16 months post op and doing ok. My history is on my profile. I feel so lonely sometimes.

• Hi

That's great to read that you're doing well but I can understand your desire to connect with others who have the same type of tumour.

I have done a search and found this post where the poster mentions that their mother-in-law has a Krukenburg tumour. You could have a look at what they've written and contact them if you want to.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi thank you for taking the time to search on my behalf. It was so kind of you. I looked up the post but am wary of contacting as it was 10 months ago. I will give it some more thought. Best wishes to everyone.

Missymoo2

• I have suspected Krukenbergs syndrome,   that is CRC metastases to only remaining r.ovary, I also have 4 mets in the peritoneum. 

I am 68 and very worried as I've  heard that OS is low and prognosis is poor.

I am glad to see you are doing well. 

I feel terribly alone,   husband left me in feb 2024 and no family or friends to support me , physically or emotionally. 

• Hi Cheekkat am sorry you find yourself in this situation but I am 3 yrs post op and living a normal life. I am on chemo and immunotherapy every 2 weeks. I have a few side effects but nothing awful. Dn't despair there are treatments for people like us. Big hug for you xxxPurple heart

Missymoo2

• Thank you I have convinced myself this is terminal 

• I received my diagnosis today.

It's Krukenbergs and I have received a treatment plan from my Consultant at Basinstoke

I am devastated , but grateful that I will get surgery within the next six weeks.