BEP chemo for ovarian cancer

• 2 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Hi all,

I am struggling so much with the symptoms of chemotherapy from BEP chemo 5 days in patient with Eptopside, Cisplatin for 5 days straight then going between the rounds of 21 days having biomicine. I am currently on round 2 but have another 2 to go.. and honestly I’m not sure it’s worth finishing is how I feel. even though the effectiveness of this chemo is very good. 

my tumours are 16cm-12cm and the other smaller 8cm-6cm. They did offer for me to have them removed first but I would lose my fertility completely and I’m only 26. It just feels like I can’t get through this chemo mentally, the exhaustion.. the constant Acid, feeling of nausea and because my tumours are so big pressing on my bowel.. constipation and diarrhoea going between the 2. Also the steroids keep me up.. so I have only been getting 2 hours a night after chemo and I did take a sleeping tablet last night so I do feel better rested but I woke up with diarrhoea intermittently. 

they plan on 4 rounds but currently I feel like I can only manage 3.. and questionable. And it’s so hard to keep with it when at the end I may have to have the 2 ovaries removed anyway. But hopefully one shrinks enough to save it. 

I feel like asking my oncologist if I can see if one tumour the smaller one has shrunk enough after 2 rounds so I can just have the left one removed. Then I feel the chemo would be easier with not as much bloating and bulk on me. 

even if I have surgery I will have to have chemo after I just think the main big tumour being removed would help me out with managing chemo symptoms. 

I have a germ cell tumour which I appreciate is rare, so there might not be that many people out there with a relatable experience. 

also whilst this is going on, my mum is also going through cancer so we are doing this together. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you're going through a great deal at the moment and I can understand you wanting to find others who may have experienced the same.

I'm not a member of this forum but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing you all the best with whatever you decide to do.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi  

I had a look in the group for ladies who have gone through the same treatment, and I’ve tagged them, although the posts are from a few months ago.    

If you use the search function (magnifying glass at the top of the page) and type in BEP,  then use the filter on the left of the page for ovarian group, this should bring you to relevant posts, where germ cell tumours and BEP are discussed.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm