Really confused and shocked

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

I am 47 years old and recently discovered I was unexpectedly pregnant which resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Having had a couple of ultrasounds all seemed clear of pregnancy but to rule out an ectopic I had an internal scan again all was clear but the nurse mentioned I had a 4cm cyst on my ovary but not to be concerned. Over the next couple of weeks I had to go to hospital every other day because my HG levels were not coming down as quickly as they would expect and after each test a doctor rang me with the results and the cyst was never mentioned. Then on my last blood test the doctor called to advise my HG levels had finally come down to a negative level but had anyone discussed my cyst and i said no so she said ill just request some further tests on your blood. Heard nothing, i went on holiday and returned at the weekend to a hospital appointmemt for next monday with a gyn oncologist....and I am just dumbfounded I don't know why or what this means, should I be concerned or is this normal for an ovarian cyst

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community. I'm so very sorry to read of your unexpected pregnancy and miscarriage - please accept my condolences. To have all these things happening to you totally out of the blue must be so frightening.

I myself have a different type of cancer so I'm sorry I'm unable to offer advice regarding an ovarian cyst but I'm sure the ladies here will be along soon to offer support and hopefully answers to your question. You'll obviously know more after your meeting next Monday after meeting your Consultant but the waiting and fear of the unknown in between is so stressful.

It’s always helpful to others if you write a little something (or a lot) about yourself and your journey to date. You can enter it into your profile (click on your username and select “Profile”) It’s helpful to other members with a similar diagnosis who can then hopefully answer your questions. It also means that you don't have to keep writing the same thing over and over. You can amend or update it at any time. 

To find more information covering diagnosis and treatments I've created a link to Ovarian cancer for you, have a read and note down some questions for your consultation on Monday.

The Macmillan Support Services also offer lots of information, support, financial guidance or just someone to listen. It’s free to call 0808 808 0000. Most services are available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. Have a look by Clicking here to see what is available and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two to three working days for replies from our expert team.

Sending you welcoming hugs B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett