Essential Thrombocimia

• 2 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi I am new to this I am 48 years old and  after having A TIA I got diagnosed with ET 8 weeks ago and got started on oral chemotherapy. First 4 weeks on drug my platletes never came down .They have doubled the dose 3 days a week and single dose the other 4 days .Is this normal at the beginning of treatment for the dose to be doubled ? I am also having terrible fatigue and tingling in hands and feet was wondering if yone else has any side affects ? 

• Hi L Davy

My Father was diagnosed at the end of last year with ET. He also is on oral chemotherapy. He started off on one tablet a day. His platelets did come down to begin with, but then stopped, so they doubled his dose which is what he is on now. His platelets are now in the normal range, so He is remaining on this dose for now. I think it is trial and error at the beginning to see what dose is best for you. He has had fatigue, and had a very upset tummy at the beginning, but all this has settled down. He hasn't mentioned tingling in his hands or feet, but has mentioned itching on his calves. I would mention this to your oncologist just to make sure it is a side effect of the medication.  

All the best 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thankyou  chelle so much for your reply that helps knowing that everything for your Dad is settling and it is trial and error at the start .I will definitely mention it to the oncologist .Hopefully the fatigue will settle for me too then