Recent diagnosis

• 15 replies
  • 22 subscribers

Hi,  I'm a newbie, I was diagnosed in April this year I have myelofibrosis Jax 2  I am currently on chemotherapy tablets, I have regular blood tests. I would just like to talk to other suffers as my husband can not speak to me about my cancer he can not cope , my son's are married with children and their own lives although we talk more or less everyday , so I stay positive for every one and there are times it wares me out. So be good to communicate with other suffers/ carers. 

• Hi folks, just dropping in past to highlight that most of the Maggie's Centres in the UK run monthly Heamatology Support Groups. Obviously these are online at the moment but the local one I attend do have folks with many of the conditions that are found in this group with some people logging in from 100s of miles away - worth a check.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you, he is my rock but he finds it hard,  so I think he copes by not talking about the situation to me, he has great friends which are their for him. So really happy to talk to this group once again thank you

• Hi, first of all thank you for your 30 years in army service. My grandchildren only live about 30 mins away but their mother home schools them their 5 and 8 years old, as I can no longer drive it means bus, train which takes 2 hours so it's an impossible task. Like you fatigue is a problem. Absolutely captain Tom was a great inspiration. 

• Joining in, I am a single woman of 80, still active and in watchful wait. 56 years ago I left  Kent and went to the USA. 

• Hello, looks like my mum has this … she was diagnosed with polycythemia jak2 mutation, but today they’ve told us its likely to be myleofibrosis.  It’s left us quite scared so good to hear people talking positive about their treatment.