Polycythaemia vera

• 11 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Had my last blood test on 22nd of December had a phone consultation he asked me if was on the drink my blood count was not good but he is going to leave me another 2 months having problems with cramp in my feet & hands n fingers anyone else get these

• Hiya, back from Palermo, plenty of sunshine and seafood - la vita e bella - hope things ok with you.

I find that the sun’s rays and warmth have a major effect on my joint pain and general tiredness- they improve massively after a few days. Unfortunately, the moment I get back here to the cold and grey climate, all the symptoms reappear with a vengeance - when I was first diagnosed, one consultant suggested half jokingly, that I moved to somewhere mountainous because us with too many or enlarged red blood cells supposedly adapt well to the reduced oxygen at altitude - maybe a sunny, warm mountaintop is where I should be.

In the real world, three weeks until my next consultation and I have decided to try and get the expert to discuss which of my symptoms are PV and which are unrelated. Probably not much chance of an answer but I’m getting bored with just being a passive observer to my declining health. What do you think?