Night Sweats

• 2 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi there,

I'm new to the group.

I do have a question. I was diagnosed with low-grade follicular NHL a few months. In the last few weeks I have been getting night sweats but I wouldn't say they are especially severe (I have had bad night sweats in the past for other reasons).

My concern is that I'm not sure how severe night sweats are actually likely to be and whether they are indicative of just high grade NHL or can be for low grade as well.

I'm currently on watch and wait but not due to see my consultant for another 6 weeks. I don't think I've had a fever and although I've lost a few pounds recently I think that may be due to a bit of worry,

Best wishes to all

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to see you joining us. I am Mike and I help out around our various Lymphoma groups. 

I don’t have Follicular Lymphoma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with my type of rare, incurable but treatable type of Low-grade non-Hodgkin lymphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 when my NHL was then presenting as a more aggressive type of NHL so although my Lymphoma ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well.

Night sweats can happen with any of the 60+ types of Lymphoma. I had no Night sweats over my first 16 years but 6 months after my last treatment was finished I had a week of bad Night Sweats and honestly we had to change the bedsheets twice a night….. it was bad.

In the early days on Active Monitoring (Watch and Wait) you should always check in with your clinical team when your symptoms change…..

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Sorry to hear of this concern. "Generally" after discovery of lymphoma, the development of identifiable lymphoma symptoms, such as night sweats, indicates that it may be time for treatment to begin. Certainly something to clear up with your consultant straight away.

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.