Question

• 3 replies
  • 37 subscribers

I have been told I have MALT Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Stage 1 EA Low Grade Slow Growing and have a second appointment with the haematology consultant on Thursday 18th January to discuss way forward as we are away for a few days from Monday next and the clinic is once a week. 

I am getting quite tired, sweating at night and coughing which is the reason of my post which has been going on for a few weeks now. Yesterday I had a really bad coughing session and a little bit of blood came up. Should I leave mentioning it until the appointment or call my nurse contact and let him know?

I don’t really want to cancel the holiday next week as my wife suffers from Alzheimers and is really looking to it so am I to be honest. It is in the UK so no foreign travel involved.

Thank you 

• Hi  sorry to hear this….. over my 24 years I have always been told to call things in that were ‘new’ or that concerned me.

My team far preferred to hear what was going on and be able to deal with things or set my mind at rest……. then being caught by surprise at an appointment and having to catch up.

A break sounds great - where are you going?

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• We are off to a hotel run by Warner down at Cricket St Thomas Somerset for four nights which we got for the price of two……

• So sorry to hear this. In general, I think it best to ring up! I certainly hope that your holiday is completely enjoyable.

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.