Recent dermatology visit

• 12 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Hi everyone so I paid £350 to see a private dermatologist, he has said I have discoid eczema and definitely not CTCL rash. I’ve spent so long with this itchy rash and it coming and going that I’m now even worried he’s wrong. Is there anyway I can send a picture of my rash to anyone on here who might have seen it before or can say “yes it really doesn’t look like my CTCL rash” my family think I’m now so convinced it has to be lymphoma but I’m just worried I’ve read it gets missed all the time. Thank you for any help sorry to be a pain to everyone.

• Hi  and sorry to hear that you feel you are still no the treadmill.

If the Dermatologist has had experience in dealing with people with CTCL they would be able to distinguish the difference….. my Dermatologist identified my CTCL presentation on my first appointment and although it took some time for a biopsy to confirm this he was not wrong.

Unfortunately no one on the community could ever be able to look at a photograph and make any kind of judgment.

From my many years experience sitting in Dermatology waiting rooms talking with others with eczema and other none cancer skin conditions to our inexperienced eyes we could not tell the difference……. but the main identifiable difference we noticed came when we compared our skin further down the line where my CTCL in areas not open to sun exposure was continually getting worse but those with non cancer skin conditions their skin had improved.

I’ve spent so long with this itchy rash and it coming and going

This statement in itself suggests that you may well not have CTCL although CTCL can clear in direct sun light during the summer but areas that do not get sunlight will not change and will become progressively worse and only improve with specific interventional treatment.

What to do…… trust the Dermatologist but start to keep a pictorial record of areas especially in areas where there is no sun exposure and monitor for specific progression.

Start looking at your diet, we have a very good friend who has had lived with very bad eczema for years and she controlled it by cutting out a lot of various food including a lot of dairy and gluten products.

I have sent you a friend request Wink

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you ever so much for all your help. I’ll keep you posted I have started keeping a photo diary of my skin. I have quite a few patches that have spread which are not in sunlight areas like under my arm and on my side so I will keep an eye on them and keep a diary.

thank you for all your help

• Sorry to hear of your concern. I have learned that it is impossible to discern between dermatitis, eczema or even cutaneous lymphoma based on appearance alone. They frequently appear identical and each is a T-Cell mediated condition, meaning that each involves the activity of T-lymphocytes. An actual skin biopsy would be required to determine if a malignancy was involved, but that would need to be justified according with the severity or progression of the condition. Is this a lifetime condition, something that arrived with adulthood or rather just recently?

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.

• It started the end of March beg of April last year and I have now started on lots of steroid creams after the dermatologist said it was a particular form of eczema. It has cleared the patches I had but I get new ones that appear and it come back within a few days on not using my creams.

• Apparently it can’t be lymphoma if the steroids get rid of the rash and it’s not wide spread covering a lot of areas but I’m just keeping a diary at the min as other than that no one listens 

• Does it coincide with any Covid vaccination or boosting? I ask because the vaccines stimulate an immune system response. Once triggered the immune system normally remains within limits, but there have been almost innumerable reports of excessive or adverse immune reactions. Since this does seem to be an immune mediated condition, vaccination/boosting "may" have something to do with it. Or may not.

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.

• I cannot believe you have asked me that! Yes it does, it started within a few weeks after my second covid vaccine and guess what I lost all feeling in my hands and feet because of the AstraZeneca jab and had to go for tests at the hospital and since I have discovered you can get guilles Barre from the Astra jab. Since having my covid vaccine I haven’t been right, recurrent sore throats, fatigue, this rash, headache and my vision is sometimes blurred, sensitivity to light, general feeling if been unwell and swollen lymph nodes! 

• Very sorry to hear this. I received Pfizer+Modena and had about one month of adverse effects. It seems to have slightly worsened my existing neuropathy in hands and feet, but how does one measure that? Well, the truth will out. I do know that HealthCanada in British Columbia is paying on chap (among others) for hand and arm paralysis linked to the Astra Zeneca vaccine.

If you have not made an adverse event report, please do! It might well make a bit of difference as time passes.

• I have told so many professionals and not a single one of them will admit it’s the vaccine. I have been ill since having it, my hands still go numb and are freezing cold most of the time to the point they hurt and I have to get a hot water bottle to warm them up, I have pins and needles and numbness in my feet, headaches, this rash and no one will believe it’s the vaccine, I’ve had numerous blood tests which all come back “normal” but I can’t see how I feel so ill all the time without something being wrong! I’m so fed up of feeling like this and being ignored. 

• Dr. John Campbell is the go-to source for information in this regard. If you have not, "I" would certainly consider making a yellow card report, as your symptoms seem far in excess of normal.

yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/