Pain months after radiotherapy

• 6 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi, I had radiotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma after tonsillectomy in January 2018 and then January 2020 in the right clavicle and right side of throat.

I recovered well the first time, it took much longer to recover after the second round of treatment, also for the past few months I have had more or less constant pain either in the clavicle or the right back of my head.  Just wondering if anyone else has had similar symptoms.

Thanks

• Hi again, sorry to hear this news. I had 45 sessions of radiotherapy but in different places.

The effects if radiotherapy can last for weeks, months and in my case over 16 months after radiotherapy had finished. I am over6 years out from my last radiotherapy and still have aches from time to time in the same place all these years on….. put down to tissue, nerve and muscle damage.

What are your team saying about this?

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for reply. Due to covid had just one follow-up appointment approx 3 months ago, did mention it,  but it wasn't as severe or constant then. Said it was normal.

Was just wondering if I should contact anyone to discuss it, or wait 3 months for next follow-up. Just worried it could be symptoms of return of cancer.

• I'd mention it, out of caution, and also if this is not a return of the cancer they might still suggest something that could help.

• Do contact them Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi highlander been a long time since i spoke to you , over a year ago now,  my husband had just been diagnosed , unfortunately  he fought so hard , rang the Bell in November   in January he got it back with a vengence   plus he got covid in A&E which complicated things he passed away 15th February , but if like to thankyou for all your support and positivity you have us in the beginning , when we were both so scared,  I'll never forget you been the first person that we spoke to , thankyou so much x

• Hi  , I am ever so sorry to hear your news, my deepest and heartfelt condolences to you and all your family.

Even although we accept that Lymphoma is on the whole treatable, there are unfortunately no certainties.

I wish you and your family peace and comfort ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge