Radio-therapy

• 2 replies
  • 15 subscribers

I have now discussed my treatment plan with the haematologist and its to be radiotherapy.

The oncologist has recommended three weeks of treatment 

My question is because I forgot to ask the oncologist at the time, is can I drive after each session?

Thanks for your help / advice

• I should think so, but it is always best to ask, as the body part irradiated may have different effects on your ability. As well, if at all practical, it is always good to have another along. Why not ring up and relieve your concern?

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.

• Hi again  3 weeks of radiotherapy can result in a build up of fatigue. This can be due to the compound effects of the radiotherapy but often more so to do with the regular visits to the hospital, parking and if you have a distance to drive the driving itself.

Severe fatigue can effect cognitive abilities so do check this out with your clinical team.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge