Worried for my father

• 2 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hello!

Just got in here looking for a ray of hope for my 70yo father. He was first diagnosed with a 5cm pancreatic tail tumor in march 2023 on a regular CT scan, after having stage 1 colon cancer. In November 2023 the tumor had grown to 7.5 cm and spread to lymph nodes. The biopsy showed that it was a neuroendocrine tumor, Ki67 between 20-22%, so, G3.  After  7 rounds of chemo with OxCap the tumor had a little regress and he was a candidate for a surgery (distal pancreatosplenectomy). But...surprise...when the doctor opened his belly he saw multiple peritoneal metastases. He closed him back without removing any part of the tumor and sent us again to oncologist.

I am worried now about the efficiency of the chemo, I am afraid that the disease will spread even under treatment and also how much does he has left to be near us. My only hope is that the vital organs are not affected by metastases, but, in the same time, it seems only a matter of time until they will be.

Anyone else with the same diagnosis around?

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your father and also sorry I have noting to offer in terms of the same diagnosis since my wife's cancer is quite different, however by replying I will bump your message to the top of the list and so hope somebody else might come and share.

Watching a loved one with a cancer diagnosis can be really difficult, we do have a couple of groups on here Carers only forum and Family and friends forum that help to support us because there are times we need some support too so that we can be the best for our loved ones.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your message and sorry about your wife.