Lung NET Newbie

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

My nightmare started in June 2023 with being diagnosed with womb cancer. I had a full hysterectomy. But during routine pre op checks I was found to have neuroendocrine tumour of the lung. It has come as a complete shock. Although to the outside world I seem relaxed about it all, I am absolutely terrified. 

Now I am awaiting treatment for my lung NET. I have not yet started chemo or radiotherapy. I am awaiting an appointment to see a consultant as I have been transferred to one of the leading cancer hospitals in the UK. I have been told they can do surgery. But have no idea about what that will entail. The tumour is the size of a lime and located under/below my windpipe. I do have another much smaller tumour in my right lung. I have no idea what the staging or grading the tumour is but I would guess it is stage 2 given its size. The only thing I do know is that if they do operate I would be in hospital a few days and apparently spend at least a night in ICU.That alone terrifies me. 

All advice much appreciated. 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've been through so much already to then be told that you have a NET must have come as a great shock.

I'm not a member of this group, so can't help with what the surgery will entail, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be easier for other members of the group to see it.

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much. It was. Very much so. But I am determined to fight this. I would rather this not be happening at all. But it is so I will just have to deal with it. I hope someone can advise me what to expect. I should have my first consultant appointment in the next fortnight. 

• Hi Mrs hudson, sorry to hear of your struggles. I had my primary in my left upper left lung and have had a lobectomy in 2019. I then had radiotherapy as the lymph nodes were suspicious and was ok until september  where I now have mets to the spine. I have just started lanreotide injections every four weeks so hopefully it will treat it- as the oncologist says treatable not curable, Rolling eyes it is a going fight on all spheres which some days I feel I’m losing. I do feel fearful too, so I can really sympathise. Just take each day as it comes and enjoy as much as you can. I’m writing journalal of those joys, it’s a simple step but helps me. Pray You find a joy today .