Partial gastrectomy stomach net

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi. I had a NET in my stomach removed last month. They found another lump in my oesophagus so did biopsies and I had this removed yesterday as well as having my oesophagus dilated with a balloon to stop me choking.

The results from my NET removal came as a shock though. I need a partial gastrectomy (removing 2/3 of my stomach) and lymph nodes surrounding my stomach removed. 

Has anyone ever had this before. The doc said it's basically a gastric bypass. I'm terrified but willing to have it to get rid of all cancer cells. Wondering if anyone has experience of this op and can give more fine details to it. Thank you. X

• Hi

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that you hadn't had any replies to your post yet.

I typed ' partial gastrectomy' into the search bar and, although no previous posts came up mentioning this in this group, there are lots in the stomach cancer group. Therefore, I think it would be a good idea to also join that group and post there and look at the posts mentioning 'partial gastrectomy'.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you over there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here and also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Amy, I can see it was over a year ago that you wrote on here, how are you? Have you had your Op yet?  I have recently had an oesophageal net diagnosis.