New to the group

• 4 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2014. I glad to be part of this group.

• Hi. Chids.      That is some time ago !      I am.  Vespa.  (Kevin).   I have. M. M.  In. Remission      120+ days post stem cell.    Doing ok.    Moving on to Lenalidomide. Next week and Zopona?   For bone strengthening.         How is your health and I guess the. M. M.    did return in this period.  Only share what you are comfy with.      Interesting!  Kevin 

• Since 2014 I am having blood monitoring every 3 months. No treatment yet since 2014. Currently I am have problems with my teeth because the gums are now being affected and there is no much bone to hold my teeth. I Informed the consultant and I am waiting to see her in two weeks time. I turned vegan from the day I was diagnosed. I have problems with my knees, back and shoulders.

• Thank you    Please keep active on the group and wish you well with your consultant meeting.   Kevin 

• Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am currently dealing with multiple myeloma and have been experiencing significant problems with my knees, shoulders, and back. These issues are affecting my daily activities and overall quality of life. I am looking for advice on bone strengthening supplements or any other treatments that might help alleviate these issues.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Supplements:

Are there any bone strengthening supplements that you have found particularly effective? If so, could you please share the names and dosages?

2. Medications:

Have any medications helped manage your bone health and joint pain? I am especially interested in any medications that have minimal side effects. Currently  use Butec patches 30mcg.

3. Physical Therapy:

Has physical therapy been beneficial for anyone here? If so, what specific exercises or routines do you recommend for knee, shoulder, and back pain?

Thank you