DVD

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi

I have completed 24 cycles of my DVD  treatment  

I am still in remission and the side effects are not to bad

Is anyone receiving the same treatment and what cycle are you on

• Hi again  and good to hear that you are through your DVD treatment...... as I have a completely different blood cancer and treatment I have no experience in this but lets see if any members are looking in.

There are a few older posts about DVD and you can see them on THIS LINK.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hiya sorry I have not been on for a while, I am currently on DVD, 5th Cycle. I was previously on RADAR Trial which failed me after 4 months. I went for stem cell harvest 5 weeks ago to Aberdeen at which only 3.11 million cells were collected which was disappointing and that was over two days. However it was enough and meant i did not have to go through it again.

I had very few issues with RADAR apart from the usual tiredness and fatigue although I have tried to keep up some level of exercise by walking my dog daily for at least 3.5 miles daily. The DVD is only starting to show up some minor issues now such as peripheral neuropathy in my feet, I have in the past week or two started getting cramps in my fingers, fore arms and thighs. Not sure if this is the DVD as I had cramps in my hands during stem cell harvest. I shall be asking my consultant on Thursday.

Before harvest consultant warned me that I may need to go on third line treatment as the DVD was just plateauing instead of reducing but after the high dose cyclophosomide and harvest the PP,s dropped from 28.5 to 23.7, consultant wants the PP,s at least halved before transplant is considered, he is keeping me on DVD for the time being. My PP,s were at 33 when diagnosed.

Stephen