7yrs on after stem cell

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hi

i am 7 years after stem cell and am starting to experience quite bad bone pains but my bloods apparently are ok . Knowing that myeloma can return should I now be worried 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this corner of the Community although I am sorry to hear about your post SCT challenges.

I am Mike and I help out around our various Blood Cancer groups but more specifically our dedicated Stem Cell Transplant support group.

I don’t have Myeloma but I was diagnosed way back in 1999 at 43 with a rare, incurable but treatable type of Non Hodgkins Lumphoma eventually reaching Stage 4a in late 2013 so although my Blood Cancer ‘type’ is different I do appreciate the challenges of this journey rather well especially the SCT journey as I have had 2 SCTs.

I am over 8 years out from my second Allo (donor) SCT and even this far out I still regularly suffer aches and pains but as for your specific cancer you have to trust in your clinical team that they are doing everything to check that your have not realised.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge