New diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

54 y/o woman been having varying pains n stuff for several months in upper L chest and spine between shoulder blades.  Am a ortho nurse and presumed I had some sort of pinched or compressed nerve. Got in 'back door ' to see spine doc, did full spine mri, I thought I'd be told I need a steroid injection,  physio etc ..... nope !! Lesion across T2,3,4,5 and ct showed upper left rib and pelvis. Well things going along now , had biopsy, on high dose steroids for 4 days and just awaiting next appt to talk about regime I'll be on hopefully. Not awning on going anywhere for a long while, grandkids to see, kids to get wed lol xx 

• Hi Pants66,

Welcome to the forum, although I am really sorry for the reason you had to join. Your attitude is exactly the right one, there is absolutely no reason why you will go anywhere, myeloma treatments have come on leaps and bounds over the past few years. I am over 6 years in now and have no intention of going anywhere soon. Look after yourself over the next few weeks though, the first few weeks can be a massive shock and things can feel like a whirlwind for a while. But hopefully when you get into a routine and the treatment starts to put the myeloma cells back in their box, you’ll start to feel things settle down.

Wishing you all the very best

Greg

• Hi greg

Thanks for reply. Yes this has been a shock. I think my main concern is my hubby, we've been together 30 years,  I'm his world and vice versa . He struggling and I keep my eye on him. I have the best network around me but men of 58 yrs don't seem to have the same chat- to - friends as us girls have. But am sure we'll get through it together.