Hi

• 5 replies
  • 19 subscribers

Hello

i hope everyone is as well as possible

I thought, I would share my experience so far in case it is familiar to anyone or its helps someone

Im a 67 year old male.

Before I started feeling out of breath in July 2021 I would have classed myself as fit and healthy for my age. Anyway, the breathless got worse in August and after ringing 111 they sent me for an ECG. The result was my heart was good but I had no air going into my right lung. This resulted in me getting admitted to A & E as an emergency case. I was fitted with a chest drain and admitted to a ward. The drain failed after a week and I had another one fitted. I had a CT scan and many X-rays during my two week stay. The second drain worked and I was discharged

4 weeks later I was sent for a follow up X-ray that showed the fluid and air was back. The doctors monitored me weekly and I was referred for another CT scan and pleurodesis surgery (talc) in December 2020. i was in hospital for 4 days and discharged with a chest drain. Three weeks later the Xray showed the lung was expanded and back in place so the drain was removed

Then the cancer bombshell was explained a week later at a follow up meeting (Yesterday) This is were I find myself now. The hospital is in the process of referring me to an oncologist and Im actively searching for information

I will keep my journey up to date in case it is useful to others

keep fighting